Sadly, I sucked in the gardening department last summer. Absolutely. I think I got 10 tomatoes out of the deal. I also was too busy to tend flowers, which I love doing. Everything is a trade-off, and I'm okay with it all, I was having a lot of fun!
It is the time when I start looking for my garden gloves and clippers so I can go outside and put things in the ground. Primroses have already been purchased and planted and lend a wee bit-o-color on a grey day.
1. Our guinea pigs, Guinevere and Flambe, can now be visited in the pet graveyard that came with the house. No worries, it was natural causes.
2. I finally painted my living room! It only took almost two years, and three color choices spread at sporadic places on the walls before I committed and painted it fully.
3. There is a wonderful partner, friend, man in my life. And I am having a blast.
4. I was looking at jobs with my daughter, who is going to college, and saw one that I qualified for with a nearby 501(c)3. I applied and got it! I was going to look for a job by June, and here I am, a workin' woman again.
5. My "unusual" medical stuff seems to be in a holding pattern.
6. My daughter graduated high school, got a piece of work not-really-sane boyfriend, flailed around, quit college, pushed every button and limit I ever had...put her head back on, started college, ... and started seeing the same boy again. Argggh. Pretty sure she is not going down the same path but if she needs to go, I can't stop her. (Which kills me....but it is all part of life, and making mistakes, blah, blah, blah)
7. Growing more and more gray hair. (see above...)
8. Our son is growing leaps and bounds and achy and grumpy and joyous all within the same five minutes. Ah, to be 14 again.
8. Bought a new (used) car. It is a little zippy. I have already been pulled over for zippiness, not speeding. No ticket, however! Killer gas mileage. 40+mpg.
9. Almost started working on the upstairs bathroom again. Then it was decided to sister joists under that bathroom to stop the floor/ceiling from flexing which entails my dining room ceiling coming down. And, while we are at it, might as well re-do the dining room electrical. Waiting for that project to become a manageable size again with a firm cost. Oh, and I suppose the discretionary funds to complete it in my savings account would be nice. I would love a soaking tub again. Sigh.
|Port Townsend, Ft. Worden beach.|